Custom Bulk Bags holds ISO 9001 certification and is a Level 3 B-BBEE manufacturer. These accreditations are an assurance of quality and standards to our clients. They also bring certain benefits to customers who choose to place orders for our bulk bags. We supply these products to numerous industries, including mining, agriculture, fertiliser and chemicals. What exactly do these two accreditations entail?
ISO 9001 certification
Firstly, the ISO 9001 certification is awarded by the International Standards Organisation to companies that are able to consistently provide products and services that meet specific customer and regulatory requirements. It is an international certification for quality management systems (QMS) and shows that we are on par with world-class businesses.
This certification is based on a number of QMS principles, such as customer centricity, the motivation of senior management, the process approach and evidence of continuous improvement in all of these fields. It is an assurance that Custom Bulk Bags customers will receive the best service and top-quality products at all times. We have been ISO 9001 accredited since 2007 and we currently have a number of UN-certified bulk bag designs.
Level 3 B-BBEE contributor
In addition to our ISO 9001 certification, Custom Bulk Bags is also accredited as a Level 3 B-BBEE (Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment) contributor. This is a reform that was implemented by the South African government in 2003. The purpose of B-BBEE is to distribute wealth across a wide range of previously disadvantaged communities.
It measures the equity ownership and management representation of non-white individuals in businesses and organisations. Companies are given a B-BBEE ‘score’ based on these factors, which entitles these businesses to certain benefits and preferences for tender procurements.
B-BBEE is a points-based system that looks at the following five factors:
- Ownership (25 points) – What percentage of the company is owned by non-whites?
- Management control (19 points) – What percentage of the management structure is non-white?
- Skills development (25 points) – Does the company improve the skills of its employees through training and learning initiatives?
- Enterprise and supplier development (40 points) – Does the company support small enterprises and suppliers that are also majority black-owned?
- Socio-economic development (5 points) – How does the company contribute to the socio-economic development of its employees, community and country?
How the B-BBEE contribution level is assigned
An independent panel of assessors will study the points system above with regard to an individual company. The business is then assigned a score, up to a maximum of 114 points. The following points outline how these scores are equated to a contribution level:
- 100 to 114 points – B-BBEE Level 1
- 85 to 99.99 points – B-BBEE Level 2
- 75 to 84.99 points – B-BBEE Level 3
- 65 to 74.99 points – B-BBEE Level 4
- 55 to 64.99 points – B-BBEE Level 5
- 45 to 54.99 points – B-BBEE Level 6
- 40 to 44.99 points – B-BBEE Level 7
- 30 to 39.99 points – B-BBEE Level 8
- Less than 30 points – Non-compliant
Custom Bulk Bags is a Level 3 B-BBEE contributor and believes that industry transformation is a positive step for future success. It ensures skills development, knowledge sharing and equity opportunities across all sectors of society. This contribution also guarantees the continued development and training of our employees, which in turn supports local communities and bolsters the national economy.
Custom Bulk Bags is a South African manufacturer of woven polypropylene bags for various industries, such as mining, chemicals and food. We are able to produce over 3.5-million bulk bags per year, keeping our customers in stock at all times. Our bags adhere to the highest levels of quality as a result of our stringent in-house testing and quality control programmes.
Custom Bulk Bags holds ISO 9001 certification and we currently have a number of UN-certified designs. We are a Level 3 B-BBEE manufacturer and supplier and fall under the ownership structure of Deneb Investments Limited. For more information on our products, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook for our latest news and industry insights.