Custom Bulk Bags (CBB) manufactures its products from woven polypropylene (PP) material. We work closely with our sister company, Integrated Polypropylene Products (IPP). which specialises in PP tapes and woven fabrics. IPP is also owned by Deneb Investments Limited, giving CBB immediate access to high-quality raw materials that conform to local and international standards.
IPP runs its own plastics extrusion plant in Durban, where it manufactures the PP tapes that we use to produce bulk bags. IPP has been running successfully for over 40 years, supplying their own woven materials to a variety of other industries too. They also offer extrusion coating as a service to the textiles industry.
IPP products used for bulk bags
IPP manufactures three main types of product, some of which are used by CBB:
- PP tape – These are thin, flat tapes of PP that come in many different colours.
- Webbing – Our PP webbing is used to create various products.
- Circular-woven materials – These are woven plastic-based textiles that are manufactured on a circular loom. They are used to manufacture bulk bags, breathable vegetable bags, flame-retardant brattices and a number of agriculture products.
- Flat-woven materials – These are woven textiles that are used to create mining backfill, erosion control, civil fencing, weeping bags and have various other civil engineering uses.
- Filler cords – These are anti-sieve cords of woven PP that can be used for a variety of applications.
- Commission coating – We coat woven PP fabrics, as well as non-woven fabrics with PP-based polymer mixes. Our technologically advanced equipment is used to coat bulk bags, tarpaulin and other packaging fabric.
IPP is compliant with the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and the International Standards Organisation (ISO) guidelines for quality management. This is a guarantee of the quality of materials that we get from our sister company. CBB bulk bags have a minimum 5:1 safety factor, which is a testament to the strength of the woven PP fabrics supplied to us by IPP.
Custom Bulk Bags is a South African manufacturer of woven polypropylene bags for various industries, such as mining, chemicals and food. We are able to produce over 3.5-million bulk bags per year, keeping our customers in-stock at all times. Our bags adhere to the highest levels of quality as a result of our stringent in-house testing and quality control programmes.
Custom Bulk Bags holds ISO 9001 certification and we currently have a number of UN-certified designs. We are a Level 2 B-BBEE manufacturer and supplier and fall under the ownership structure of Deneb Investments Limited. For more information on our products, contact email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook for our latest news and industry insights.