When you’re searching for the correct packaging solutions for your bulk products, a few centimetres can make all the difference. The volume of material that can be safely stored and transported in a bulk bag is influenced by the dimensions of the bag.
It is highly important to know the volume of material that you’ll be working with in order to purchase the right products from your bulk bag supplier and these are key guidelines that Custom Bulk Bags will advise you on.
The right dimensions not only determine the volumes of material that you can store but also influence the price of your order of bulk bags. These dimensions are a major factor for business costs and efficiency, so it’s in your best interests to order the correct dimensions for your needs.
What dimensions should you consider?
There are several key terms to understand when ordering your bulk bags from a supplier. These will allow you to communicate clearly and, ultimately, receive the perfect products for your requirements. Consider the following phrases when placing an order:
- Bag height – A bulk bag’s height is measured from the bottom seam to the top seam.
- Bag width – This is measured from one side seam to the opposite side seam.
- Volume – The volume refers to the amount of material that can safely fit inside the bulk bag. This is generally reported in cubic centimetres or cubic metres.
- Safety factor – A bag’s safety factor refers to its ability to hold a certain load safely. Custom Bulk Bags all have a minimum 5:1 safety factor, so they can safely hold at least five times their intended load without breaking.
Note that some bulk bags have different internal and external dimensions, depending on whether there are inner liners and other optional add-ons.
What to ask for when placing your order?
Bulk bags are highly customisable, so when you place your order, you need to think about the optional extras that you may need, as well as the type of material that you’ll be working with. Here’s what Custom Bulk Bags may need to know:
- The type and density of your product or material.
- The particle size of the product (is it a fine powder or large granular chunks?).
- Special considerations for your material, such as flammability, hazardous effects, static conduction and labelling requirements.
- Any design constraints due to facility limitations and equipment.
- The method of filling and discharging the bulk bags.
- Whether or not you need splash-proofing.
- Do you need an inner liner for added protection?
These considerations will allow us to manufacture the perfect bulk bags for your particular task, as well as to ensure that the dimensions will be perfect.
How the correct dimensions can save you money
Ordering the right size of bulk bags will save you time and money. If the dimensions are optimised for your needs, then it will improve the efficiency of your operations, as well as cut down on unnecessary fabric in the construction phase of the bags. It also means that you won’t have to order more bulk bags than you need, so you’ll only pay for the products that you’ll use.
With high-quality bulks bags, you can fit more material into each bag, so you can effectively increase your payload per unit cost. Custom Bulk Bags will create products with the right dimensions that will fulfil your requirements for logistics, equipment and processes.
Custom Bulk Bags is a leading South African manufacturer of woven polypropylene bags for various industries, such as mining, chemicals and food. We are able to produce over 3.5-million bulk bags per year, keeping our customers in-stock at all times. Our bags adhere to the highest levels of quality as a result of our stringent in-house testing and quality control programmes.
Custom Bulk Bags holds ISO 9001 certification and we currently have a number of UN-certified designs. We are a Level 3 B-BBEE manufacturer and supplier and fall under the ownership structure of Deneb Investments Limited. For more information on our products, contact email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook for our latest news and industry insights.