Businesses have a lot to lose by choosing the wrong packaging supplier, especially when it comes to bulk bags. With such large quantities of material at stake, any errors, defects or inadequate add-ons to the bulk bags can be costly and put employees at risk. It’s vital to consult with a bulk bag supplier before placing an order to ensure that you get exactly what you need.
Custom Bulk Bags is a renowned bulk bag manufacturer and supplier in South Africa. Our products are made to meet international standards for quality and safety. All of our bulk bags have a minimum safety factor rating of 5:1 and we can offer guidance and advice on how to spec your bags so that they meet your needs.
Questions to ask before choosing a bulk bag supplier
- What types of bulk bag do you supply? – This will give you an indication of their portfolio and ability to meet your requirements. Be sure to ask about specific properties of the bags, such as anti-static protection, UV coatings, waterproof linings and breathable fabric.
- Where do you source your materials? – Some suppliers, like Custom Bulk Bags, manufacture their products in-house and others import the raw materials. If there is any issue with a bag, then a manufacturer can take responsibility. However, if the company imports materials, then the onus of responsibility can be more complicated.
- How many bags do you have in stock? – Some suppliers keep large stocks on hand so that any increase in demand can be met quickly. Other suppliers prefer to manufacture as orders come in, which makes them less able to meet supply demands in a short period of time.
- Do you offer design and customisation? – Most companies like to have their logos and product information printed on the exterior fabric of their bulk bags. Custom Bulk Bags offers custom printing and design of packaging, which includes logos, barcodes, origination stamps and product information.
- How does the ordering process work? – Each supplier will have its own method for taking orders and ensuring that the correct specs are included on the bags. This explanation will give you an understanding of the process and what to expect from your supplier. Also, check if there is a minimum order quantity or requirement.
- How long is the lead time on an order? – Always find out how long you’re expected to wait for your order. As mentioned, some suppliers keep a stock of products that will allow them to fulfil the order quickly. However, if you’re buying highly-customised bulk bags, then you can expect lead times to be a bit longer.
- Who will be my main point of contact? – Be sure to establish an individual at the supply company who you can reach out to for any queries and updates. If there are additional specs or if you have any billing concerns, you need to know who to speak to.
- Do you offer any discounts? – Some suppliers may provide discounts for large orders or on stock that has not moved. This could be your chance to score high-quality bulk bags at a reduced price.
- What quality control measures are in place? – Most reputable suppliers will hold international certification for quality assurance, such as ISO 9001. These accreditations are a guarantee of standards and quality. Find out about testing processes, such as topple tests, as an indication of durability and safety.
- Do you have any customer references or testimonials? – A trustworthy bulk bag supplier will be able to tell you which other companies make use of their products. In some cases, they can show you written proof of satisfaction from clients.
- Are there any terms and conditions? – Always read and understand the fine print. Some suppliers offer warranties, return policies, waivers and more. Ts & Cs can be helpful, so be sure to ask about the minor details of any agreement before signing.
Deciding on the right supplier
These 11 questions will give you detailed answers in your quest for the perfect bulk bag supplier. They will let you know exactly what to expect from the partnership and how reliable the products will be. You can then assess your own needs and prioritise those against what the supplier can deliver. For example, is lead time more important than cost? Is quality more important than lead time?
The answers to these questions will give you a more objective view of the bulk bag supplier and their ability to meet your needs. However, when talking to various suppliers, pay attention to gut instinct too. For more information about our bulk bags, please contact us today.
Custom Bulk Bags is a leading South African manufacturer of woven polypropylene bags for various industries, such as mining, chemicals and food. We are able to produce over 3.5-million bulk bags per year, keeping our customers in stock at all times. Our bags adhere to the highest levels of quality as a result of our stringent in-house testing and quality control programmes.
Custom Bulk Bags holds ISO 9001 certification and we currently have a number of UN-certified designs. We are a Level 2 B-BBEE manufacturer and supplier and fall under the ownership structure of Deneb Investments Limited. For more information on our products, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook for our latest news and industry insights.